Amelia + Jonathan | Wedding at J & J Ranch in Sonoma

Back in April I had the pleasure of venturing up to J & J Ranch (Amelia’s parents’ home) in Sonoma to frolic on the farm with Amelia and Jonathan for their engagement shoot. It was a gorgeous, sunny day, and romance was in full bloom. The country setting really left an impression on me. I took the warmth of that day back with me to foggy San Francisco, and ever since then I had been glancing expectantly at my calendar, impatiently awaiting the arrival of August 13, when I would have the opportunity to return. J & J Ranch is one of those places that’s not simply a place. Like Paris, like Burning Man, J & J is a feeling. It feels like summer. Like home. Like carefree, barefoot days. So as I walked through the gates the second time, I felt as if I was being enveloped in the most wonderful of hugs. No doubt that through the efforts of Amelia, Jonathan, their family and friends, all of the guests who showed up to celebrate that day felt the exact same thing. A margarita was artfully crafted during the ceremony, right before everyone’s very eyes. The kiss was long and sweet. There was a cornucopia of delicious food (oysters! freshly shucked on the spot!). There were hugs, kind words, tears, smiles. There was a walk through the vineyards. There was a beautiful sunset. The DJ lit up the dance floor, and Amelia, Jonathan and their guests, displaying their ‘Moves Like Jagger’ danced into the warm, country night.
Amelia Jonathan Yelp Review

11 Comments

1. by Matt Wilson on September 1, 2011  6:35 pm

awesome photos! Congrats to Jon & Amelia

2. by Jan Brininger on September 1, 2011  7:41 pm

Amelia and Jon well, i cannot stop the tears from flowing!! I am reliving this beautiful day over and over!! I love you both so very much, these are just unbelievable!!!!!!!!
    love, Momma Jan

3. by Julia Kenner on September 1, 2011  7:57 pm

So wonderful! Thanks so much for expressing the joy and love we felt that day. Your pictures are perfect!

4. by Jennifer Hauck on September 1, 2011  9:01 pm

Wow! Fabulous photos!! Julia, I love the photo of you and your daughter cheek to cheek (right before the cheese photos). I also loved you and your husband--toward the end of the photos running along with your daughter. What a lovely wedding! Lamb burgers look great too, btw!!! Loved the string of lights over the outdoor dance floor (by the barn). What a beautiful couple they make!!

5. by Cathy Divodi on September 1, 2011  11:32 pm

Julia...truly beautiful photos!!! Thank you for sharing.

6. by Carol Ellen on September 2, 2011  2:38 pm

Julia, thanks so much for sharing pics. What a wonderful way for me to start my day, by viewing photos showing such love, happiness, and "way fun".

7. by Jane Kenner on September 2, 2011  10:53 pm

The photos are beautiful and capture the love that was flowing on Amelia and Jon's wedding day. Every detail of the setting and the food was so delicious and lovely. The J and J ranch is the perfect place to have a wedding, especially when the weather is gorgeous. It was a memorable experience, and we are happy for everyone involved--Jon, Amelia, John, Julie, Lilian, and Jon's parents.

8. by Nancy Honey on September 7, 2011  12:55 pm

Thanks for the wonderful photos to remember this fabulous day. The whole event was so happy and beautiful, the setting, the food and especially the people!
    Congratulations to Amelia and Jon!

9. by Judith Kenner on September 7, 2011  1:24 pm

What awesome photos! They are so beautiful and everyone looks wonderfully happy! I love the pictures of the food, which was absolutely delicious, and they bring back all those wonderful memories. Big mazel tov to Amelia and Jon!

10. by Maggie Blanco on September 8, 2011  5:46 pm

Jonathon,

The wedding looked so fun. Your mom and dad looked great. Haven't seen your dad in ages. Your mom looked lovely as always so elegant. You can see you make her so happy jon jon. Remember to keep in touch with your mother and father always just a few words a month to check in with her. You look wonderful just like the man I knew you always would become. From the little boy in Little League to a man who demonstrates a kind soft heart and will do well in the world. Jonathon I am sad I missed the event but it looked like you had eventful evening. Good luck to you, God Bless. Your old, old, very old coach from Little League and now even older now that I look at you, Uh. Smiles, Maggie Blanco

11. by deauna on September 10, 2011  11:39 am

WOW! Those photos are fabulous! So, so happy for both of you :)